Friday, August 15, 2008

Free TV

Ok, I know we live in the Eastern time zone and that we don't have cable or satellite like rich folk, but I'm getting really tired of seeing, every night, in order, Synchronized Diving, Swimming, then Beach Volleyball, and if I'm lucky, I can stay awake long enough to watch American gymnasts standing around, looking anxious and chalking up while other out-of-focus gymnasts whip and flip around in the background. I realize this is what I get for free, but do I have to sit through a whole HOUR of the same two gangly women playing one game of volleyball when they're not searching for a lost ring? (No, and I don't. I mute it and leave the room.)

1 comment:

Tony M said...

We live in the central time zone and also have neither cable nor satellite. I wish I was watching the olympics right now, but instead I'm watching a video game of Spider Man 2 that my son is playing. And I'm working. On a Friday night. Yuck.