Monday, September 17, 2007

When I read

Tired of my haphazard approach to Bible reading, I decided a while ago that I wanted to be more systematic about it. I would read it straight through, then straight through, then straight through with a chronological one, then kept wanting to and doing the same again.

Now on my ? time through, one main thought has surfaced; how much time is spent in the Old Testament. One spends a lot more time with the...chastening? sterner? thundering? side of God.

I suspect there's a reason for this, thought I don't know what it is yet (if, indeed, there is only one). As a balance, maybe? only there's so much more O.T. than New. It really lasts. You get those prophets one right after another (this is where a chronological one makes for a real change of perspective), laments, strange stories (I mean, no one walks around naked for three years in the N.T. except for the Gerasene demoniac (who's not upheld as worthy of emulation), not that I can remember offhand, anyway). So...

I must muse on this more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeh, I just wonder how I would be received by my brothers and sisters in the faith if I told them God told me to walk around naked for three years. LOL. I've actually wondered that before. Nice of you to include that in this thought provoking post!